Friday, February 8, 2019

My Grandmother My Partner In Crime


Since last three decades, Maggi had captured the whole Indian population. Maggi is everybody’s favorite from small children to adults and from adults to senior citizens. I still remember that Maggi of Rs.5/- per cake, it was easy on pocket that I never struggled to purchase Maggi. It was like whenever and wherever. Today, when my kids are Maggi crazy, I feel like a family tradition in progress and continuation.


Those Secret Maggi Stories

I remember when I used to cook Maggi at night when my parents were sleeping. One fine day, in was following the same routine of cooking Maggi at midnight. I and my younger sister were cooking Maggi and then were dividing it into two bowls. We took our bowls and turned back towards the kitchen door and all of sudden something shady appeared on the door….. You can understand what would have happened? Yes! We screamed and dropped our bowls on floor and continued screaming till everybody appeared in the kitchen.

My parents, my elder sister, everyone came and asked us what happened? What were you doing in the kitchen so late? We were still in trauma. Finally, after few minutes I regained some strength and told my mother that I saw a ghost in the kitchen near the door. She said that’s not possible. She was arguing with both of us to convince us that there is nothing like ghosts.

Then, all of a sudden my grandmother started laughing. I didn’t like that at all. She was laughing at us. But, when she was not stopping I just asked her,”What’s there to laugh at”? She said, dear, it was me! I watch you both avoiding dinner at night and then cooking Maggi in midnight. I thought that today I will also skip the dinner and will eat Maggi with you. But, you spoiled everything. You dropped the bowl.

We all laughed loudly and continuously. My grandmother also party with us at night. My mother still thinks that we saw a ghost in the kitchen. Though my grandmother is no more today, but whenever I cook Maggi for my children I always remember her. She was very crazy for Maggi but was frightened of my parents, so I always gave her Maggi and Thumps up at night. I always share these stories with my children, to teach them that age is just a number. Anyone can eat Maggi at any age.

“My Grandmother My Partner in Crime”


Related Links
















Our Submissions



No comments:

Post a Comment