Saturday, January 12, 2019

Does Smoothening Hair Treatment actually Helps?

Hair Smoothening

Whenever I visited the salon, my stylist always used to suggest me to go for a hair treatment. Being a working woman it was not possible for me to take extensive care of my hair. I could manage just a weekly hot oil head massage. So this time when I went for a haircut I accepted her proposal and agreed for a smoothening hair treatment.

She started with the procedure with a shampoo using clarifying hair –wash shampoo. While doing shampoo she also included small massage points to release my stress.  After drying with a blow- dryer and continuously gossiping about the other client’s,  sons and daughters, she finally completed the whole task after a long wait of 4-5 hours.  She used the best leading brands for smoothening and also handed me an L’Oreal Extenso shampoo and straightening conditioner for future use.

I was very happy with the whole procedure and the new look. I was highly appreciated at home, office and everywhere. But what I noticed after a month that my smoothening started losing its look. I was horrified as I was assured that it will stay on for more than 6-8 months. I visited my salon again and discussed the whole scene with her. She told me that it was not a problem it happens and she told me that she will re-treat my hair after a month.

With a gross feeling of triumph, I returned home and decided to get my hair re- smoothened just before my niece’s wedding a month later. Finally, the day came and I rushed to the salon. I asked her if all this is not going to harm my hair, she just smiled and said no it won’t as she was using the best brands. After the second sitting of this smoothening, I went home .after two days I shampooed my hair and found that my hair started breaking from the start .it became very brittle. I was left in tears; I rushed to the salon just to find that my hair was very sensitive. How irresponsible and unprofessional it was. I visited my doctor immediately, he treated my hair and told me to avoid any type of chemical hair treatments. Second sitting of smoothening actually burnt my hair. He gave me high doses of hair growth vitamins to enhance hair growth.

Today, when two years have passed after this incidence I feel that my hair is in better condition than before. It’s not because of those chemical treatments but it all due to the rich doses of protein-rich diets and supplements, which actually worked on my skin and hair from inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment